Monday, May 6, 2013

Story Orgy Monday

Whoo Hoo! It's my week for the Story Orgy blogpost! I'm totally stoked. I can't wait to begin my writing again. I just recently completed my capstone class for my MBA and couldn't be happier. Now I can spend more time on all my unfinished projects. The following story came to me as I was trying to figure out a way to promote my new song. So, I hope you enjoy the short story as well as my song if you decide to purchase it. You can buy the single for only .99 cents. Here we go. Let's try something new.


A Song for the Soul

Trevor punched Terry right in the gut, leaving his ex on the floor trying to catch his breath. "Just get the fuck out of my house and don't come back until I have your stuff ready for you to pick up."

Terry struggled to a stand with his hand on this chest. "Fine. You've made your point. But, can I at least get a few of my things now? Like my toothbrush? That'd be nice don't you think?"

Trevor pointed down the hallway to the bathroom while throwing an empty beer carton at Terry." Here, put your bathroom stuff in here and take my duffle bag for some clothes. Just hurry the fuck up. I'm sick of seeing your face. What you did to me makes my stomach turn and my skin crawl. You disgust me, asshole."

Terry tossed the beer box across the room. "You're duffle bag is all I need. Calm down. I'm going, I'm going."

"Calm down? You're asking me to calm down. You fucked another dude after you said I was your only one! You said you loved me. You're just a player. No, you're not even good enough to be a player. You're just a liar. A fucking dumbass liar at that."

Terry scrambled about, collecting the things he'll need for at least a few days.

"Hurry your sorry ass up. You'll be fine. You're going to your momma's house anyway." Trevor stomped across the room to the wet bar and made him a martini. He couldn't help but shake his head, fighting back the tears. Don't cry. Don't cry. Trevor did his best to hold onto his anger. The last thing he wanted was for Terry to see him cry. Trevor's heart was broken, but he knew he couldn't allow himself to feel that way. He had to be strong. Trevor thought about the song Terry had written and made for him. Trevor had the song on his MP3 as well as his laptop and PC.

Trevor did his best to ignore his thoughts of taking him back. "No, I can't do that. Never will I allow myself to be anything less than my partner. My partner will be equal," Trevor mumbled to himself as he plugged in his laptop and sat on the sofa.

"What was that?" Terry called from the back of the house.

"Just talking to myself. Just get your shit and go." Trevor yelled back.

As Trevor began to play the song Terry had made for him, his heart melted, leaving him with the pain he'd tried so hard to hide. Tears rolled down his cheek as the song played discretely in his ear buds. Damnit. I knew I shouldn't have played that song. 

Trevor caught a glimpse of someone out of the corner of his eye. He quickly swiped the tears from his face and turned. "What? You're not gone yet?"

"I'm on my way out. I just wanted to let your know that I still care for you and love you deeply. I accept my mistake and respect your decision. But, it will be a long time before I'm over you. It may not seem like it now, but you're the best thing that had every happened to me." Terry continued his spiel.

As soon as Trevor could get a word in, he said, "Terry. Sit." He firmly slapped the cushion next to him. "We've been together for how long?"

"Six years." Terry said with a smile. "And, by the way, that bit about me cheating on you. That was never true. First, I wanted to distract you. I know. It could've been with better taste. But, that's beside the point. We're as good now as we ever were." Terry pushed the button on the stereo remote and set the surround sound.

As soon as the tune filled the room, Trevor let the tears fall. "You do love me. You really do."

"Come on in guys!" Terry called.

A group of friends came in through the back door, "Happy Anniversary!"

Trevor buried his face into Terry's shoulder, wiping his tears on Terry's shirt. "I don't know what to say."

"Well, I know what I want to say. I love you and there's not a single soul I want to be connected to and that's yours." Terry turned up the song and started singing it, as if serenading.

The crowd sang along and Trevor gave Terry a passionate kiss and said he was sorry for even believing such rubbish. Trevor rubbed Terry's belly and said, "Are you okay. I hit you pretty hard."

"I'll survive. Now, let's dance. After all, this is your song."

Trevor reached his arms around Terry, stood, and swayed slowly to the music. Trevor whispered, "I love you too."

*****

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. By the way, there is really a song that was written by me and dedicated to Nicholas. The song is being sold under my real name James Boyd. If you're interested in hearing the song and supporting my expenses to have it mastered, the links are below. 



My song is the 11th song on the album titled Lonely Miles. The name of the song is My Soul's Song. It was written about my love for Nicholas. The song is only .99 cents and any purchases would be most encouraging and thoughtful; Ratings would also be a nice feature. Thank you.  

Here are the links:

1 comment: